Work should be emailed to email@example.com by
midnight on Friday, March 2, 2012. All current Hampshire students are encouraged to submit writing or artwork regardless
of their academic focus. Please note the guidelines below
• Students may submit a total of up to four pieces of work
(writing and/or art).
• Please include your name in the email, but exclude it from the submission(s).
• Each submission may not exceed more than six pages of 12 point text double-spaced.
• Submissions are requested as attachments in .doc or .docx format.
• Due to space limitations, series comprised of more than two pieces cannot be considered in their entirety.
• High resolution TIFs are preferable, but JPEGs are acceptable
All work is anonymized before being considered by the editorial teams.
Staff members are allowed one piece in each year's book.
Submitters will receive a confirmation email once their work has been received.
Those whose work is accepted will receive a proof of their work as it will be laid out in the book to which they may make corrections.
The Reader staff does their best to promptly notify submitters once editorial decisions have been made. If you have not heard back by the end of March, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students are welcome to join the staff of The Reader. Based on students' relevant experience and divisional status, the editors of the previous year decide who they would like to work with. There are always positions available in layout, production management, and event planning. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.